Sunday, March 2, 2008

Baby Amazement

Kim is now 16 weeks pregnant and getting over morning sickness. The first 8 weeks were great. Weeks 9-14 a different story. I now know what perdition is. To put it a little more practical, it was like wanted cereal and having no milk, or being on the pot and finding a shred of white on a recycled brown tube that you know would only serve physical pain above the mental pain....add that to nobody being home and you are quite helpless. You really only have two options and both involve grossness I can't endure. So, you sit there, legs becoming 1000 pounds a piece and you resolve to have a pink ring tattooed on your buttocks.....

I have felt worthless and have been frustrated by not being able to help Kim. Here discomfort has been the cancer of most women's pregnancies. But with Kim it was different. You have to eat to not be sick and Kim is too "empty calories" to want to eat snacks or junk all day. So, she tried carrots of all things and of course, regurgitated them in the stairway at Intermountain. If only she was a parent bird--her skills would be almost complete.

Now things are much better. Kim now is finally admitting to herself that she is showing a little baby belly. It is still little but I love it. She isn't sick anymore and seems to be getting more and more excited about a little one running around. Well, crying, eating, and pooping at first, which she should be used to from weeks 9-14.

I am so excited. We heard the heart beat a month ago and I haven't been that giddy since...it was very cool. Next week we get to hear the heart again and a month later I get to find out if I get a little girl or not...I want a girl to spoil.

No comments: